Thursday, June 9, 2011

Style and Beauty Tip of the Day: Coconut Oil, Some Fantabulous Stuff!


So I've been using coconut oil on my hair, sometimes on my skin, for about a month now, and HOLY MOLY, what a fabulous difference it makes. My hair is so soft and satiny after using it. After washing my hair, I mix it with my conditioner and apply them together. Then I twist my hair up into a tight bun, and finish my shower, which for those of you who know me, takes about 30 more minutes. Then I rinse my hair in cold water, however, there is usual not much to rinse out because the oil and conditioner have soaked into my hair by then.
Remember, do not rinse your hair to the point of squeaky clean, only rinse to the point of silkiness. 
Coconut oil can also be used as a prewash.
Also, don't use too much at a time, or your hair will look super oil. It may take a few times using it before you find the right amount for your type of hair.

Here are some links with more information on the benefits of coconut oil.

"Beauty is worse than wine; it intoxicates both the holder and the beholder"
Quote by Aldous Huxley

1 comment:

  1. Coconut oil is becoming more popular as a health food which is great news.

    ReplyDelete